SVT, the Swedish public broadcaster, announce the dates, the cities and the host of the 2022 edition of Melodifestivalen – the Swedish national final.
The 62nd edition of Melodifestivalen will see the return of touring of the national final. Up until last year, each show was held in another Swedish city. Last year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all the shows was broadcasted from Stockholm. In 2022, Melodifestivalen will tour again, starting on the 5th of February and will conclude on the 12th of March.
- 1st Semifinal – 5th of February – Malmö
- 2nd Semifinal – 12th of February – Göteborg
- 3rd Semifinal – 19th of February – Linköping
- 4th Semifinal – 26th of February – Lidköping
- Second Chance Round – 5th of March – Örnsköldsvik
- Final – 12th of March – Stockholm
Oscar Zia will host the upcoming Swedish national final. He is a familiar face to the contest. He had competed three times in Melodifestivalen, in 2013, 2014 and 2016. In 2016, he came second with the song “Human”. In 2021, he co-hosted the second semifinal of the national selection.
What do you think about the show? Is it going to give us another winner? Let us know in the comment box below.