A couple of hours ago, the fourth day of rehearsals came to an end. All the participants of the first semifinal performed for the second time at the arena in Liverpool. This year, not only the first rehearsals, but also the second ones are close to the press. However, people can watch a glimpse of them through the official YouTube channel of Eurovision, with most likely a recap of the actual TV footage we will get in the semifinals.
The countries, which performed today were: Norway, Malta, Serbia, Latvia, Portugal, Ireland, Croatia, Switzerland, Israel, Moldova, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Czechia, Netherlands and Finland.
You can watch the recap video below:
Our notes on the clips:
- Generally, with this videos we get a better view of the LED floor.
- Norway utilises really good the LED floor, but the performance resembles a lot of the national final one.
- Malta and Serbia have some graphics appearing only to the TV viewers. Malta’s only obstacle right now is their running order.
- Latvia’s staging is the same with the national final, but I would like to see something different, because I like the entry. Maybe the clip itself isn’t the best from the whole performance.
- Portugal’s performance is a bit empty and I can say that the sofa from the national final, would be better. Nevertheless, she is energetic and manages to make you sing along.
- Ireland’s stage is really gold; at the video even the floors are gold, but thankfully that changes at some point.
- Croatia’s entry looks the same like the national final.
- Switzerland’s performance really gets a boost, thanks to how the entry is presented to the viewers.
- Israel’s solo dancing is a bit awkward to me, I prefer the moment when the backing dancers join her. Moreover, like with the Greek entry yesterday, I find it also awkward, when we get the pictures of the performers on the graphics at the background.
- Moldova has done an excellent job and the final result is really captivating.
- Sweden’s performance is known, being the same like Mello, except from the smaller screen. Of course, Loreen’s voice is mesmerising and I believe the staging may seems a bit odd to the fans, who have watched the national final version, but not all the viewers will have at the time of the televoting.
- During Azerbaijan’s clip, I like the colours of the lights and the graphics.
- Czechia’s entry is good, but I feel like the whole white stage makes the place look empty.
- Netherland’s entry has interesting takes. However, not all footage click good together for me.
- Finland’s entry has such an energy. Not much to say here, mainly because the video shows the same part of the song like the TikTok clip.
If I must chose the 10 finalists of the 1st semifinal, I would probably go with: Norway, Malta, Serbia, Portugal, Switzerland, Israel, Moldova, Sweden, Czechia and Finland.
Tomorrow the rehearsals will continue with some countries of the first semifinal – Denmark, Armenia, Romania, Estonia and Belgium – performing in Liverpool for the second time. Moreover, the pre-qualified acts of this year’s contest will also rehearse for the first time.
What do you think about the second rehearsals? Which are your favourite and your least favourite act so far? Let us know in the comments below!