A couple of hours ago, the sixth day of rehearsals came to an end. All the remaining participants of the second semifinal performed for the second time at the arena in Liverpool. This year, not only the first rehearsals but also the second ones are close to the press. However, people can watch a glimpse of them through the official YouTube channel of Eurovision, with a recap of the actual TV footage we will get in the semifinals.
The countries which performed today were: Cyprus, Iceland, Greece, Poland, Slovenia, Georgia, San Marino, Austria, Albania, Lithuania and Australia.
You can watch the recap video below:
Our notes on the clips:
- Cyprus’ waterfall effect looks amazing. Andrew’s vocals are captivating.
- Iceland’s staging seems empty, even with Diljá’s vocals, which sound better day by day.
- Greece’s performance clip doesn’t feel good at the moment. There is a lot of fog on stage – I don’t know if that was made by mistake or if that is the desired atmosphere. However, the scene looks like Iceland’s one, empty.
- Poland is maybe one of the biggest winners of these videos today. The selected clip shows the potential of the entry; the Polish visual effects are back and the camera takes from above are tremendous.
- Slovenia’s performance is already known, so there are no big surprises. The song is a total party anthem.
- Georgia’s staging is captivating. The way the dress is combined with the wind machines makes the performance even better.
- San Marino has the usual performance as the national final, but every time I listen to the vocals, I am hooked on them.
- Teya and Salena from Austria have a really good time on stage, or at least that’s what I believe. I like the shots of the scene and with the addition of the audience, the whole picture will look great.
- Albina and Familja Kelmendi’s vocals are perfect every single time however in the shared clip, I find the way the Kelmendi family is standing in line is a bit odd, but the pyros suit the song.
- Lithuania’s Monika is the only artist who changed her outfit. She removed the bow from the side of her dress and now wears a simple orange outfit, like in the national final. I must say that her vocals make you watch without thinking about anything else.
- Australia’s entry is such an uplifting moment for the contest. Is there a better way to end the second semifinal? The staging doesn’t look different from the one we saw in the TikTok video.
If I must choose the 10 finalists of the 2nd semifinal, I would probably go with Denmark, Armenia, Belgium, Cyprus, Poland, Slovenia, Georgia, Austria, Lithuania and Australia. You can read more about the second rehearsal of Denmark, Armenia and Belgium here.
Tomorrow the rehearsals will continue with the pre-qualifying act of this year’s contest rehearsing for the second time in Liverpool’s arena.
What do you think about the second rehearsals? Which are your favourite and your least favourite act so far? Let us know in the comments below!